Home of the Timberwolves
- Students’ academic, social, and emotional development is the chief priority and must be fostered in a safe, positive, and supportive learning environment.
- Educators, school staff, students, parents, and the community must collaborate to share the responsibility to ensure that all students become confident, life-long learners.
- Students are capable of achieving the values of good citizenship, self-discipline, and self-direction, which are the foundations for pride in self, school, community, and country.
- Each student is respected for his or her uniqueness and must be provided with differentiated and individualized instruction to meet his or her personal needs, achievements, and goals.
- Students have the potential to develop an understanding and appreciation for diversity in society.
- Students can be successful when provided with a variety of instructional approaches, with the goal of becoming successful citizens of the future.
- Technology is fundamental to a successful education that prepares students to meet the challenges of an ever-changing society.
Mobile County Board of School Commissioners met on August 6, 2021 for the
purpose of discussing the current status of COVID-19 and its impact on our
area, our communities and our students. Based on the information provided in presentations by local health care officials, a recommendation was made to
the Board of School Commissioners to mandate face masks on all MCPSS campuses,
buses and at all MCPSS events, including MCPSS athletic events. The
recommendation was voted upon and approved by the Board of School
effective immediately, face masks are mandated for all MCPSS campuses, buses,
and during all MCPSS sponsored events. The only exclusion to the mandate will
be outdoor events when individuals can maintain at least six feet of social
distancing. At such events, masks will be strongly encouraged.
at this time, students in pre-kindergarten, kindergarten and first grade (age 7
and under) are strongly encouraged, but not required, to wear masks.
This mandate will remain in effect until further notice.